At La Roche Chalais, St Michel de rivière et St Michel-Léparon:
- Cinéma (digital cinema 3D) and outdoor cinéma
- Fishing in the river "Dronne" outfitted for the disabled people,
- Botanical trail, 4 hiking trails: a relaxing tour (4km300), boule rhodo (6km700), circuit du loup garou (10km400) et circuit Charlemagne (20kms).
- Randonnées in Dordogne.
- Water spot:maze, playground for children, picnic tables, dock designed for canoes,
- Traditional market every Saturday morning and some night markets in summer
- Public pool
- Horse riding
- Ferme auberge domaine de Darnat (foies gras, filets of duck breast, food cans, confits...)
- Roman churches and chapels, Saint Michel Church(12th century priory)...
- Gallo-roman vestiges: "LA MOTTE de VAUDU"...
- Château de la Valouze (private property)
Near within 20km:
St Aulaye (10kms):
Visit of the Bastide, Romane church, Cognac Museum and Pastel (the international exhibition of pastels), swimming pool, water slide, kayak rental, archery, hiking, water sports, beach lifeguard in the summer, snack, picnic tables and as a new attraction... ARBOR PARK: acrobatic trail (tree climbing ...) for the whole family ...
St Aigulin (2kms):
Cooking and tasting workshop. Restaurant "The icing on the cake"
Every year: the Singles meeting day(s) ...
Cistercian abbey and monastic products Echourgnac cheese called " the Hatch", the Parcot site (discovery trail of the forest of the Double) ...
St Privat des Prés (20kms):
- Château de la Motte (ironwork)
- Models and Village way of life museum,
- Horse riding...
- Archery: initiation and course supervised by a qualified professional CQP (FFTA) ...
Aubeterre-sur-Dronne (ranked among the most beautiful villages in France) 20 kms:
Underground Church, golf, tennis, canoeing, hiking ...
Chalais (15kms) and its castle bought by Yves Lecoq (French famous humorist and imitator): visit of the castle ... Market on Monday morning
Parcoul (6kms):canoes and electric boats, bicycle rental TT: 05.53.90.79.73 or 06.25.17.02.78; Paradou amusement park; its church ..
Les étangs de la Jemaye..., the St André de Double Roman church of Double ... The vast Double forests...
La Génetouze (18kms):
Jean-Pierre Beltoise Haute-Saintonge Racetrack: bike, car, eco-driving trainings, speedway ...
Bassac Charente (16480) on the lake of St Vallier (26 kms): water ski (wakeboard and kneeboard) with courses for beginners. Tel .: 06.80.91.79.91.
St Vallier: Lake chill sensation, quad and jet rental, slide ... restaurant, waffles, ridges Baribas 16480 St Vallier 06.62.65.19.28 / 06.50.24.65.63
A little further away (35kms)...
Traditional market every Friday morning, Notre Dame collegiate ...
St Emilion (a UNESCO heritage): One of the most beautiful villages in France
visit the medieval city, wineries tours, wine tasting, hiking trails ...
Libourne: city tour, museum of fine arts, ...
A few steps more...
Les Antilles de Jonzac, 17500 Jonzac (49 km) one of the largest covered Fun water parks in Europe (10,000m²)
Golfs (the 1er is in Aubeterre sur Dronne: 20kms)
In the following pages there are links to activities, entertainment and Festivals schedule.
We are at your disposal for any advise or for a trip organisation. You will also be given litterature, many guides ... and the tourist office of La Roche-Chalais.
You will not be bored!